The SCF range of top loading crucible furnaces is available in three sizes with a maximum operating temperature of 1400°C. They are specifically designed for the smelting of precious metals.
SCF – Smelting Furnaces
The furnaces are robustly constructed from heavy gauge hollow steel section and zinc coated sheet steel panels. Silicon carbide heating elements surround the chamber sides and are protected by silicon carbide tiles. The hearth is constructed from refractory bricks and silicon carbide tiles. The SCF 1 has a single chamber, all other models have twin chambers with separate lids.
• 1400°C maximum operating temperature
• A 24 hour, 7 day timer
• Carbolite Gero 301 controller with single ramp to setpoint & process timer
• Each lid is vented by a 50 mm diameter chimney
• Silicon carbide heating elements protected by silicon carbide tiles
• The hearths of the SCF 24 and SCF 48 models are the same size but without crucible supports
• The hearths of the SCF 4 and SCF 8 models include cast alumina supports to securely hold the appropriate number of crucibles
• The horizontal, parallel opening lids open with the hot face away from the user
Options (specify these at time of order)
• A range of sophisticated digital controllers, multi-segment programmers and data loggers is available. These can be fitted with RS232, RS485 or Ethernet communications
• Over-temperature protection (recommended to protect valuable contents & for unattended operation)
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690