• In extended work tubes radiation shields can be used as an alternative to insulation plugs.
• Specifically useful for dust free applications and with vacuum levels lower than 10-3 mbar.
• Up to a maximum operating temperature of 1200°C the shields are constructed from metal, and above this temperature from ceramic.
• In vertical work tubes, radiation shield supports are required unless used with work tube end seals (see as above picture).
• Radiation shields include metallic hangers which allow vertical use and a groove for thermocouple access.
• The shields supplied will be appropriate for the furnace and application.