HYDROTHERM is the world’s first and only automatic acid hydrolysis system for fat determination according to Weibull-Stoldt. The complete digestion and filtration process runs in a closed system. The unit can therefore be operated outside a fume cupboard. Laboratory personnel do not come into contact with hot liquids and acid fumes. Six samples can be digested simultaneously. There are three independently controllable modules, each with two hydrolysis units, available for this. The apparatus operates independently and completely automatically. It has been efficiently tested in continuous operation (36 samples per day). HYDROTHERM meters the hydrochloric acid into the sample beaker, hydrolyses the sample in boiling hydrochloric acid and performs the complex filtration with all rinse operations completely automatically – for as long until all fat contents are transferred and the filter has been washed to pH-neutral. Sensors permanently monitor the process and abort it in the event of faults.
HIGH COST AND WORKING TIME SAVINGS
• Process runs automatically. The presence of laboratory personnel during this is not required. Up to 80% cost savings per sample.
HIGH WORK SAFETY
• Process runs in a closed system. There is no contact with hot liquids and acid fumes.
• The apparatus reacts automatically in the event of faults.
HIGH ANALYSIS QUALITY
• Process is software-controlled, checked and exactly documented. Unintended deviations from the method and inaccuracies in the hydrolysis process are ruled out.
• The apparatus also processes very inhomogeneous sample matrices and large sample weights as well as samples with very low fat content.
EASY TO OPERATE
• HYDROTHERM is preconfigured and ready to use immediately.
• Numerous parameters can be individually defined.