The single zone HST and three zone HZS tube furnace range uses free radiating wire elements embedded within the insulation of the furnace body.
HST, HZS – Horizontal Split Tube Furnaces
The benefit of this design is its flexibility; with the use of tube adapters the same furnace can be used with a variety of tube diameters.
These furnaces comprise a furnace body which is hinged and split into two halves along its length. This makes exchange of work tubes easier and also enables the furnace to be used with reactors or work tubes where end flanges would make insertion into a non-split furnace difficult. This range of tube furnaces does not include an integral work tube and one must be selected as an additional item. The work tube length is dependent on the application, for example, for use with modified atmosphere or vacuum.
The use of a separate work tube has the advantage of protecting the heating elements from damage or contamination.
The HZS offers excellent uniformity which results from division of the heated length into 3-zones each with its own controller and thermocouple.
• 1200°C maximum operating temperature
• Accepts work tubes with outer diameters up to 110 mm
• Carbolite Gero 301 digital PID controller with single ramp to setpoint, digital display and process timer
• Furnace splits into two halves to accommodate work tubes or samples fixed into a test rig
• Heated lengths, single zone 200, 300, 400, 450, 600 or 900 mm
• Heated lengths, 3-zone 600 or 900 mm
• Horizontal furnace with a separate control module on a 2 metre conduit
• HZS: End zone control is via back to back thermocouples
• HZS: End zones of 150 mm at each end
• Wire elements in high quality vacuum formed insulation ensure fast heat up, excellent temperature uniformity and short cool down times
Options (specify these at time of order)
• A range of sophisticated digital controllers, multi-segment programmers and data loggers is available. These can be fitted with RS232, RS485 or Ethernet communications
• A range of additional work tubes, end seals and work tube packages is available for use with modified atmosphere and/or vacuum
• Available with ‘L’ stand for vertical and horizontal use
• Control module on longer 6 metre conduit
• HZS: Three equal length zones
• HZS: If programmed cooling is required, programmable controllers capable of retransmission of setpoint can be supplied.
• Insulation plugs, gas tight end seals and vacuum connections available
• Over-temperature control; recommended for unattended operation and to protect a valuable load
• Vacuum packages with a choice of rotary vane pump or turbomolecular pump are available
• Wide choice of tube diameters and materials is available.
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690