Glass Body General Purpose Reference Electrode
The HI5311 is a glass body, refillable, double junction, half-cell reference electrode with a 4 mm banana connector. This electrode has a single ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and is made for use in temperatures ranging from -5 to 100°C. This design consideration is made for general purpose use with pH, ORP, or ion selective electrode half-cells, as well as for use in a variety of titrations.
• Double Junction Reference
• Half-Cell Design
• Refillable Electrode
The HI5311 uses a glass body, single ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the equilibrium the steadier the reference potential.
Single Ceramic Outer Junction
• The outer junction of an electrode, also known as a salt bridge, is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading.
• The outer reference has a single ceramic frit. The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient.
• A single ceramic junction has a flow rate of 15-20 μL/hour. Other junction types are available with higher flow rates and made with different materials.
• The HI5311 is a refillable reference electrode.
• Since it is a double junction electrode the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl.
• This solution does not contain any silver as with single junction electrode.
• The absence of silver will prevent any silver precipitate from forming at the junction surface and clogging it. Clogging of the junction will result in drifty and erratic readings.
4 mm Connector
• The HI5311 uses a 4 mm banana connector.
• This type of connector is easily plugged into the reference input on suitable meters.
• Other type of connectors include BNC, DIN, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
• These types of connectors tend to be proprietary for a particular type of meter and are not interchangeable.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||double, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, single / 15-20 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 100°C (23 to 212°F)
|Cable :||1 m (3.3′)|
|Applications :||general purpose|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690