Nitrate Chemical Test Kit
The HI3874 is a chemical test kit that uses the cadmium reduction method to measure nitrate. The HI3874 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 100 tests. The HI3874 is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the nitrate concentration in samples within a 0 to 50 mg/L (ppm) range as nitrate-nitrogen (NO3–-N).
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Color comparison cube for simple determination
• Pre-made reagents for ease of use
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass cuvette, color comparison cube, and reagent packets.
• Readings from 0 to 50 mg/L are determined to 10 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3874-100 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
• Nitrogen is abundant in the Earth’s atmosphere and is present in water in the form of nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia. Plants use nitrogen as a nutrient to build proteins by tracking it in through their root system. Nitrate is formed in water mainly through rainfall, decomposition of organic matter, and runoff from manmade pollutants such as sewage waste and fertilizers. Almost all surface waters have a measurable level of nitrate, and a moderate amount is considered beneficial. Large amounts of nitrate, however, can lead to eutrophication which may result in decreased levels of dissolved oxygen in the water.
|Range :||0 to 50 mg/L (ppm) NO₃⁻-N|
|Resolution :||10 mg/L (ppm)|
|Method :||cadmium reduction|
|Number of Tests:||100|
|CTK Type :||Colorimetric|
|Ordering Information :||HI3874 test kit comes with 100 packets nitrate reagent, glass cuvette, and color comparison cube.|
|Proposition 65 :||WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including cadmium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690