Glycol Chemical Test Kit
The HI3859 is a chemical test kit that uses a visual method to determine the presence of glycol. The HI3859 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform 25 tests.
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Includes Glycol reference standard to aid in identifying a positive result
• Simple two-step reaction for visual indication of Glycol
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the reagent bottles and packets, plastic pipettes, and glass vials.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted.
• The HI3859-025 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This reagent set comes with 1 (125 mL) bottle of HI3859A-0 reagent, 25 packets of HI3859B-0 reagent, and 25 packets of HI3859C-0 reagent.
Yes / No
• The presence of glycol in a sample is easily recognized in the form of an intense purple color.
Significance of Use
• Ethylene glycol is widely used as a coolant and antifreeze. Its presence in motor oil or tranmission fluid is an indication of a perforated engine block or of a leakage in the cooling systems.
The Hanna Glycol test kit can be used for water as well as oil samples to determine traces of ethylene glycol and other 1,2 glycols above 30 mg/L (ppm). Ethylene glycol and other 1,2 glycols are determined by a two step reaction:
• Step 1: Glycol is oxidized to two carbonyl groups under acidic conditions.
• Step 2: The carbonyl groups react with the indicator in the HI3859C-0 reagent powder packet to give a colored solution.
|The test detects traces of glycol above 30 ppm
|Appearance of color
|Number of Tests :
|CTK Type :
|Ordering Information :
|HI3859 test kit comes with 125 mL glycol reagent A, 25 packets glycol reagent B, 25 packets glycol reagent C, 25 mL glycol standard 0.025%, 3 mL plastic pipette, 1 mL plastic pipettes (25), 10 mL glass vials with caps (2), and brush.
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690