The HI3846 is a chemical test kit that uses the diphenylcarbohydrazide method to measure hexavalent chromium. The HI3846 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 100 tests. The HI3846 is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the chromium concentration in samples within a 0.0 to 1.0 mg/L (ppm) range as CrVI (hexavalent chromium).
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Color comparison cube for simple determination
• Pre-made reagents for ease of use
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass cuvette, color comparison cube, and reagent packets.
• Readings from 0.0 to 1.0 mg/L Cr+6 are determined with a smallest increment of 0.2 mg/L.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3846-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This reagent set comes with 100 packets of HI3846-0 reagent.
Significance of Use
• Chromium salts are widely used in industrial processes such as metal finishing and plating, as well as in the leather industry as a tanning agent, and in the manufacture of paints, dyes, explosives, and ceramics.
Chromium may enter a water supply through the discharge of waste from these industries or from chromate-treated cooling waters, where it is frequently added for corrosion control. The hexavalent state of chromium, CrVI, is toxic to humans, animals, and aquatic life; it can produce lung tumors when inhaled and readily induces skin sensitization.
|0.0 to 1.0 mg/L (ppm)
|Smallest Increment :
|0.2 mg/L (ppm)
|Number of Tests :
|CTK Type :
|Ordering Information :
|HI3846 test kit comes with HI 3846-0 reagent (100 packets) and color comparison cube.
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690