Total Hardness ( 0-150 mg/L) LR Chemical Test Kit
The HI3840 is a chemical test kit that measures total hardness as CaCO3 by titration with EDTA. The HI3840 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 50 tests. The HI3840 is a titration-based chemical test kit that determines the total hardness concentration within the 0 to 150 mg/L range.
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Manual titration performed with color indicator
• Pre-made reagents for ease of use
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker and reagent dropper bottle.
• Readings from 0 to 150 mg/L are determined to 5 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3840-050 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
• Water hardness has traditionally been defined as the capacity of water to precipitate soap. The ionic species in the water causing the precipitation was later found to be primarily calcium and magnesium.
Thus, water hardness is actually a quantitative measure of these ions in the water. It is also now known that certain other ion species, such as iron, zinc, and manganese contribute to the overall water hardness.
The measure and subsequent control of water hardness is essential to prevent scaling and clogging in water pipes.
|Range :||0 to 150 mg/L CaCO₃|
|Resolution :||5 mg/L|
|Number of Tests :||50|
|CTK Type :||Titration|
|Ordering Information :||HI3840 test kit comes with 30 mL hardness LR reagent and 50 mL calibrated vessel.|