Formaldehyde Chemical Test Kit
The HI3838 is a chemical test kit that measures formaldehyde by titration with sodium sulfite and hydrochloric acid. The HI3838 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 110 tests. The HI3838 is a titration-based chemical test kit that determines the formaldehyde concentration in two ranges: 0.0 to 1.0% and 0 to 10%. Each 0.1% with each 0.1 ml of titrant equals 0.1% for the low range and 1% for the high range.
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Manual titration performed with Alizarin Yellow R indicator
• Pre-made reagents for ease of use
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, indicator and reagent bottles, and calibrated syringe.
• Readings from 0.0 to 1.0% are determined to 0.1% resolution
• Readings from 1 to 10% are determined to 1% resolution.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3838-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
• This reagent set comes with 1 (15mL) dropper bottle of Alizarin yellow R indicator, 1 (30 g) bottle sodium sulfite, and 1 (120 mL) bottle of HI3838-0 titrant solution.
Significance of Use
• Formaldehyde is an important organic compound used to make many materials and chemical compounds. Its role in many industries varies from holding dyes onto fabrics, to assisting in the electroplating of metals.
Formaldehyde is also used in biological preservation, drug testing, and photograph development. Each application uses different levels of formaldehyde and requires monitoring to optimize its given purpose.
Formaldehyde is also a large consideration for human health. Due to its widespread use, there are regulations in place for formaldehyde limits within workplaces to avoid overexposure.
|Range :||0.0 to 1.0% Formaldehyde; 0 to 10% Formaldehyde|
|Resolution :||0.1% (0.0 to 1.0% range); 1% (0 to 10% range)|
|Method :||sodium sulfite / hydrochloric acid|
|Number of Tests:||110|
|CTK Type :||Titration|
|Ordering Information :||HI3838 test kit comes with 15 mL dropper bottle Alizarin Yellow R indicator, 30 g sodium sulfite, 120 mL HI3838-0 titrant solution, plastic spoon, plastic bottle, 10 mL calibrated vessel, filter cartridge, calibrated titration syringe, and plungers.|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690