Free Chlorine Test Kit
The HI3831F is a chemical test kit that uses the DPD method to measure free chlorine. The HI3831F is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 50 tests. The HI3831F is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the free chlorine concentration within a 0.0 to 2.5 mg/L (ppm) range.
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Color comparison cube for simple determination
• Pre-made reagents for ease of use
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the color comparison cube, and reagent dropper bottles.
• Readings from 0.0 to 2.5 mg/L are determined to 0.5 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3831F-050 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
This reagent set comes with 1 (20mL) dropper bottle of Reagent 1 and 1 (15mL) dropper bottle of Reagent 2.
Significance of Use
• Disinfection is a process of killing disease-causing organisms (or pathogens). Chlorine (Cl2) is a very desirable disinfectant because, when mixed with pure water, it reacts to form hypochlorous acid (HOCl) and hydrochloric acid (HCl).
HOCl (free active chlorine) is the most effective form of chlorine for disinfection of pools, spas, and drinking water.
Drinking water municipalities add elemental chlorine to the water supply as chlorine gas, liquid sodium hypochlorite, or dry calcium hypochlorite. In water these form free chlorine ions, which destroy disease-causing pathogens, reduce odor, eliminate bacteria and help to remove unwanted elements. The USEPA requires that residual disinfectant is present in finished drinking water to ensure there is disinfectant available throughout the distribution system, with chlorine acting as one of the disinfectants that provides said residual. However, the EPA has also set a maximum contaminant level of 4.0 mg/L for free chlorine due to potential health effects above this level.
|Range :||0.0 to 2.5 mg/L (ppm)|
|Resolution :||0.5 mg/L (ppm)|
|Number of Tests :||50|
|CTK Type :||Colorimetric|
|Ordering Information :||HI3831F test kit comes with color comparison cube, 20 mL reagent 1, and 15 mL reagent 2.|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690