Nitrate Test Kit for Soil and Irrigation Water
The HI38050 is a chemical test kit that uses the cadmium reduction method to measure nitrate. The HI38050 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 200 tests. The HI38050 is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the nitrate concentration in irrigation water and soil. Samples of irrigation water are measured within a 0 to 50 mg/L (ppm) range as nitrate-nitrogen (NO3–-N); samples of soil are measured within a 0 to 60 mg/L (ppm) range as nitrate-nitrogen (NO3–-N).
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Checker® disc for more accurate determination
• Pre-made reagents for ease of use
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass vials, plastic pipette, reagent packets, and Checker® disc.
• Readings from 0 to 50 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution in irrigation water.
• Readings from 0 to 60 mg/L are determined to 2 mg/L resolution in soil.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38050-200 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
• Nitrogen (N) is an indispensable element for plant life. It is present in proteins, vitamins, chlorophyll, etc. Nitrogen allows the development of the vegetative activity of the plant, helping to lengthen trunks and sprouts and increase the production
of foliage and fruit. It directly increases the crop yield, though the crop quality depends on other elements. Nitrogen, mostly absorbed by plants as nitrate (NO3–), derives from the mineralization of organic matter and the application of fertilizers.
Nitrate-nitrogen (NO3–-N) is not durable in soil.The large amount required for crop production makes it necessary to administer this element in moderate quantities during the crop growing season.
• An excess of nitrogen weakens plants’ structure and weakens its resistance to diseases.
|Range :||water: 0 to 50 mg/L (ppm) NO₃⁻-N soil: 0 to 60 mg/L (ppm) NO₃⁻-N|
|Resolution :||water: 1 mg/L (ppm); soil: 2 mg/L (ppm)|
|Number of Tests :||200|
|CTK Type :||Colorimetric|
|Weight :||1026 g|
|Ordering Information :||HI38050 test kit comes with 200 packets nitrogen reagent, checker disc, glass vials with caps (2), 10 g calcium sulfate, demineralizer bottle with filter cap for 12 L, soil sieve,
50 mL plastic test tube with screw cap, large funnel, 100 paper filter discs, brush, 50 mL calibrated vessels (2), 2 g sample cup, 3 mL plastic pipette, and spoons (2).
|Proposition 65 :||WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including cadmium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690