Iron (Fe²⁺ & Fe³⁺) Medium Range Checker® Disc Chemical Test Kit
The HI38040 is a chemical test kit that uses the phenanthroline method to measure total iron in the medium range. The HI38040 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary including the Checker® disc. The Checker® disc makes concentration determination more accurate and easier than a typical color comparator. The test kit contains enough reagents to perform 100 tests.
• All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
• Color comparison cube for simple determination
• Pre-made reagents for ease of use
The HI38040 is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the total iron concentration within a 0.0 to 5.0 mg/L (ppm) range. The HI38040 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 100 tests. Iron can exist as ferrous (Fe2+) or ferric (Fe3+) ions. The Hanna Test Kit determines total iron levels in water via a colorimetric method. First all ferric ions are reduced by sodium sulfite to ferrous ions. Phenanthroline complexes with ferrous ion to form an orange colored solution. The color intensity of the solution determines the iron concentration.
• All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass vials, plastic pipette, reagent packets, and Checker® disc.
• Readings from 0.0 to 5.0 mg/L are determined to 0.1 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
• There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38040-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
• This reagent set comes with 100 packets of HI3834-0 iron reagent.
Significance of Use
• Iron is naturally present in water in low concentrations, but it reaches high concentrations in wastewater effluents. The iron concentration in water needs to be monitored because it becomes harmful above certain levels.
In domestic water, for instance, iron can stain laundry, damage kitchenware, favor the growth of certain bacteria, and unpleasantly alter the taste of water. Iron is also an indicator of ongoing corrosion in water cooling and heating systems.
Moreover, iron is normally monitored in mining wastewater to avoid contamination.
|Range :||0.0 to 5.0 mg/L (ppm) iron|
|Resolution :||0.1 mg/L (ppm)|
|Number of Tests :||100|
|CTK Type :||Checker Disc|
|Weight :||427 g|
|Ordering Information :||HI38040 test kit come with 100 packets HI3834-0 iron reagent, checker disc, glass vials with caps (2), and 1 (3 mL) plastic pipette.|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690