Glass Body ORP Electrode with DIN Connector
The HI3618D is a glass body, refillable, single junction ORP electrode with a DIN connector. This electrode has a single ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the ORP sensing pin is made with platinum.This electrode features a built-in temperature sensor to ensure temperature compensated measurements in a single probe design. This design consideration is ideal for laboratories and general purpose ORP measurements.
• Built-In Temperature Sensor
• Platinum Sensing Pin
• Refillable Electrode
The HI3618D uses a platinum pin, glass body, single ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the equilibrium the steadier the reference potential.
Single Ceramic Junction
• The outer junction of an electrode, also known as a salt bridge, is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading.
• The outer reference has a single ceramic frit. The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient.
• A single ceramic junction has a flow rate of 15-20 μL/hour. Other junction types are available with higher flow rates and made with different materials.
Platinum Sensing Pin
• The HI3618D ORP sensor is made with platinum.
• An ORP sensor must be chemically inert; it cannot be oxidized or reduced itself. It must also have the proper surface characteristics to promote rapid electron
exchange, a property known as high exchange current density.
• Two noble metals have proven to work well for this purpose: pure platinum and pure gold are both used in the construction of ORP sensors.
• The platinum sensor is often preferred because it is mechanically simpler and safer to produce. Platinum can be welded to glass and has the same thermal coefficient.
• The platinum sensor signal is carried through the electrode body, and together with the reference signal is conducted to the measurement meter.
• The HI3618B is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a single junction ORP electrode the fill solution is the HI7071 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
• If using a refillable ORP electrode, the fill cap should be removed prior to measurement.
• Removing the cap creates positive head pressure in the reference cell allowing for higher flow rate of electrolyte through the outer junction.
• A higher flow rate will result in a faster and more stable reading.
• The HI3618D uses a DIN connector.
• This type of connector is generally proprietary to the meters they are supplied with and may not be interchangeable.
• Other type of connectors include BNC, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
|Body Material :
|Junction / Flow Rate :
|ceramic, single / 15-20 μL/h
|3.5M KCl + AgCl
|ORP: ±2000 mV
|Max Pressure :
|Tip Shape :
|Body Length / Overall Length :
|120 mm / 175.5 mm
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 70°C (23 to 158°F)
|Temperature Sensor :
|Matching Pin :
|5-pole; 1 m (3.3′)
|laboratory general purpose
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690