Digital Glass Body ORP Electrode for General Purpose
The HI36180 is a glass body, double junction, refillable ORP electrode with a built-in temperature sensor for temperature compensated measurements. This electrode has a single ceramic junction and the ORP sensing pin is made with platinum.The HI36180 electrode features a built-in microchip that stores sensor type, serial number, and calibration information. This probe connects to the meter with a 3.5 mm connector. The 3.5 mm connector is proprietary to meters that use digital electrodes. This design consideration is ideal for laboratories and general purpose ORP measurements.
• 3.5 mm Connector
• Built-In Microchip
• Platinum Sensing Pin
The HI36180 features a platinum sensing pin, glass body, double junction reference and is refillable with 3.5M KCl.
• The built-in microchip stores sensor type, serial number and calibration information including date, time, offset, slope, probe condition and buffers used.
• This information is automatically retrieved by edge® once the electrode is plugged in.
• The ability to transfer information allows for hot swapping of probes without having to recalibrate.
• All pH measurements are performed within the electrode and transferred digitally to the meter.
• This overcomes any noise issues associated with the traditional high impedance analog measuring system.
• Electrical noise can be generated from a built in temperature sensor and while working in a humid environment.
Platinum Sensing Pin
• The HI36180 ORP sensor is made with platinum. An ORP sensor must be chemically inert; it cannot be oxidized or reduced itself.
• It must also have the proper surface characteristics to promote rapid electron exchange, a property known as high exchange current density.
• Two noble metals have proven to work well for this purpose: pure platinum and pure gold are both used in the construction of ORP sensors.
• The platinum sensor is often preferred because it is mechanically simpler and safer to produce. Platinum can be welded to glass and has the same thermal coefficient.
• The platinum sensor signal is carried through the electrode body, and together with the reference signal is conducted to the measurement meter.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use. The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allow for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte. The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the equilibrium the steadier the reference potential.
Double Junction Reference
• A double junction electrode has an internal compartment surrounding the reference wire.
• Silver ions are present in the electrolyte of the internal compartment, which houses the Ag/AgCl reference wire; the electrolyte outside this compartment is silver free.
• The double junction design means that virtually no silver from the electrode enters the sample.
• This design allows measurement in applications where silver ions in the sample are undesirable or silver precipitates on the junction are likely to form.
• The HI36180 is a refillable probe. Since it is a double junction ORP electrode the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl.
• If using a refillable ORP electrode, the fill cap should be removed prior to measurement.
• Removing the cap creates positive head pressure in the reference cell allowing for higher flow rate of electrolyte through the outer junction.
• A higher flow rate will result in a faster and more stable reading.
Built-In Temperature Sensor
• HI36180 features a built-in thermistor temperature sensor that is in the tip of the indicating pH electrode.
• A thermistor temperature sensor provides for a high accuracy temperature reading and should be as close as possible to the indicating pH electrode in
order to compensate for the effect that temperature has on the membrane potential.
• By having an accurate reading it is possible to provide an accurate temperature compensated reading.
|Range :||ORP: ±2000 mV|
|Reference :||double, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction/Flow Rate :||ceramic, single/ 15-20 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Max. Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||platinum pin|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length/Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
|Matching Pin :||no|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 100°C (23 to 212°F)
|Temperature Sensor :||Yes|
|Cable :||1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||3.5 mm connector|
|Applications :||laboratory general purpose|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690