Refillable Combination ORP Electrode with BNC Connector
The HI3131B is a glass body, refillable, single junction ORP electrode with a BNC connector. This electrode has a single ceramic junction as part of the reference cell and a platinum ORP sensing pin. This design consideration is ideal for laboratories and general purpose ORP measurements, as well as for use as an indicating electrode in ORP titrations.
• Platinum Pin
• Refillable Electrode
• Single Ceramic Junction
The HI3131B uses a platinum pin, glass body, single ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
Platinum Sensing Pin
• The HI3131B ORP sensor is made with platinum. An ORP sensor must be chemically inert; it cannot be oxidized or reduced itself.
• It must also have the proper surface characteristics to promote rapid electron exchange, a property known as high exchange current density.
• Two noble metals have proven to work well for this purpose: pure platinum and pure gold are both used in the construction of ORP sensors.
• The platinum sensor is often preferred because it is mechanically simpler and safer to produce.
• Platinum can be welded to glass and has the same thermal coefficient.
• The platinum sensor signal is carried through the electrode body, and together with the reference signal is conducted to the measurement meter.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Single Ceramic Junction
• The outer junction of an electrode, also known as a salt bridge, is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading. The outer reference has a single ceramic frit.
• The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient.
• A single ceramic junction has a flow rate of 15-20 μL/hour.
• Other junction types are available with higher flow rates and made with different materials.
• The HI3131B is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a single junction ORP electrode the fill solution is the HI7071 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
• If using a refillable ORP electrode, the fill cap should be removed prior to measurement.
• Removing the cap creates positive head pressure in the reference cell allowing for higher flow rate of electrolyte through the outer junction.
• A higher flow rate will result in a faster and more stable reading.
• The HI3131B uses a BNC connector.
• This type of connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• Other type of connectors include DIN, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
• These types of connectors tend to be proprietary for a particular type of meter and are not interchangeable.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, single / 15-20 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl + AgCl|
|Range :||ORP: ±2000 mV|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||platinum pin|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||150 mm / 205.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 70°C (23 to 158°F)
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Applications :||general purpose, laboratory general purpose, ORP titrations|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690