pH Electrode with Built-In Temperature Sensor and DIN Connector for Semi-Solids and Emulsions
The HI1617D is a glass body, refillable, single junction pH electrode with a DIN connector. This electrode has a triple ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the pH sensing portion is made with general purpose glass.
This pre-amplified electrode features a built-in temperature sensor for temperature compensated measurements in a single probe design. This design consideration is ideal for measuring fats, creams, soil samples, semi solid products, low conductivity solutions, and emulsions. The HI1617D is recommended for use with Hanna’s HI98140, HI98150, HI98230, HI98240 pH meters.
• Built-In Temperature Sensor
• Perfect for measuring fats, creams, soil samples, semi solid products, low conductivity solutions, emulsions.
• Single Ceramic Junction
The HI1617D uses general purpose (GP) glass, spherical bulb, glass body, single ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
General Purpose Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of LT glass is around 50 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will approach that of GP glass.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum range, resulting in increased impedance and ultimately affecting the measurement.
• The HI1617D is suitable to use with samples that measure from -5 to 30°C.
• The spherical bulb is for general purpose use.
• Other tip shapes include conic for penetration and flat tip for surface measurements.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Triple Ceramic Junction
• The triple ceramic junction allows a faster flow rate of electrolyte from the reference into the solution.
• A standard pH electrode will use a single ceramic junction that allows for 15 to 20 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow; the HI10530 has three ceramic junctions,
providing for 40 to 50 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow.
• his high flow rate provides faster electrode response and more stable measurement in viscous solutions or samples of low conductivity, such as pure water,
where a long stabilization time is often observed.
• The HI1617D is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a single junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7071 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
• If using a refillable pH electrode, the fill cap should be removed prior to calibration and measurement.
• Removing the cap creates positive head pressure in the reference cell allowing for higher flow rate of electrolyte through the outer junction.
• A higher flow rate will result in a faster and more stable reading.
• The HI1617D uses a DIN connector.
• This type of connector is generally proprietary to the meters they are supplied with and may not be interchangeable.
• The HI1617D is recommended for use with Hanna’s HI98140, HI98150, HI98230, HI98240 pH meters.
• Other type of connectors include BNC, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, triple / 40-50 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl + AgCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||conic (12 x 12 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 30°C (23 to 86°F)
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||7-pole; 1 m (3.3′)|
|Applications :||emulsions, fats and creams|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690