pH Electrode with Built-In Temperature Sensor and DIN Connector
The HI1610D is a glass body, refillable, single junction pH electrode with a DIN connector. This electrode has a single ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the pH sensing portion is made with general purpose glass. This pre-amplified electrode features a built-in temperature sensor for temperature compensated measurements in a single probe design. This design consideration is ideal for laboratory and general purpose use. The HI1610D is recommended for use with Hanna’s HI8314 pH meter.
• Built-In Temperature Sensor
• Refillable Electrode
• Single Ceramic Junction
The HI1610D uses general purpose (GP) glass, spherical bulb, glass body, single ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
General Purpose Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of LT glass is around 50 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will approach that of GP glass.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum range, resulting in increased impedance and ultimately affecting the measurement.
• The HI1610D is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 70°C.
• The spherical bulb is for general purpose use.
• Other tip shapes include conic for penetration and flat tip for surface measurements.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Single Ceramic Junction
• The outer junction of an electrode, also known as a salt bridge, is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading. The outer reference has a single ceramic frit.
• The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient.
• A single ceramic junction has a flow rate of 15-20 μL/hour.
• Other junction types are available with higher flow rates and made with different materials.
• The HI1610D is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a single junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7071 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
• If using a refillable pH electrode, the fill cap should be removed prior to calibration and measurement.
• Removing the cap creates positive head pressure in the reference cell allowing for higher flow rate of electrolyte through the outer junction.
• A higher flow rate will result in a faster and more stable reading.
• The HI1610D uses a DIN connector.
• This type of connector is generally proprietary to the meters they are supplied with and may not be interchangeable.
• The HI1610D is recommended for use with Hanna’s HI8314 pH meter.
• Other type of connectors include BNC, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, single / 15-20 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl + AgCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 13|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric (dia: 9.5 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 70°C (32 to 158°F) – GP
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||5-pole; 1 m (3.3′)|
|Applications :||laboratory general purpose|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690