Flat Tip pH Electrode for Skin and Surfaces with Screw Connector (0.5m Cable)
The HI1413S/50 is a glass body, single reference junction pH electrode made with low temperature glass and a screw connector. This electrode has a unique open junction design in which there is a viscolene (hard gel) electrolyte layer that is free of silver chloride (AgCl) between the sample to be measured and the internal reference cell. The open junction design resists clogging and the probe’s flat tip makes it ideal for pH measurements on surfaces such as skin, leather, agar plates, and paper.
• Flat Tip
• Open Junction
• Viscolene Gel Electrolyte
The HI1413S/50 uses low temperature (LT) glass, flat tip bulb, glass body, and open junction with viscolene gel electrolyte.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
• The glass tip uses a special LT glass formulation with a lower resistance of approximately 50 megaohms compared to general purpose
(GP) with a resistance of about 100 megaohms.
• This is beneficial since many food products are stored at low temperatures.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will increase approaching that of GP glass at ambient temperatures.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum resistance for the high impedance input of a pH meter.
• The HI1413S/50 is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 50°C.
Flat Glass Tip
• A flat tip is recommended to optimize surface contact for measurement on skin, leather, agar plates, paper, and samples that cannot easily be penetrated.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Open Junction Reference
• Suspended solids and proteins found in food products will clog a conventional ceramic reference junction.
• This clogging will impede the measurement circuit between the indicating electrode and the internal reference resulting in slower response time,
erratic readings, and frequent electrode replacement.
• The open junction design consists of a solid gel interface (viscolene) between the sample and internal Ag/AgCl reference.
• This interface not only prevents silver from entering the sample, but also makes it impermeable to clogging, resulting in a fast response and stable readings.
• The HI1413S/50 uses a screw connector. uses a screw connector.
• Screw connectors attach directly to the meter and can also be made interchangeable with other meters by using a Hanna BNC extension cables..
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||open|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||flat|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||110 mm / 153.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F) – LT
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Connection :||Screw cap|
|Applications :||emulsions, leather, paper, skin, surface|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690