pH Electrode for Vials and Test Tubes with BNC + PIN Connector
The HI1330P is a glass body, refillable, single junction pH electrode with a BNC + PIN connector. This electrode has a single ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the small, spheric pH sensing portion is made with low temperature glass. This design consideration is ideal for pH measurements in vials, test tubes, and smaller vessel applications
• Low Temperature (LT) Glass
• Refillable Electrode
• Small Bulb Tip
The HI1330P uses low temperature (LT) glass, spherical bulb, glass body, single ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of LT glass is around 50 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will approach that of GP glass.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum range, resulting in increased impedance and ultimately affecting the measurement.
• The HI1330P is suitable to use with samples that measure from -5 to 70°C.
• The spherical bulb is for general purpose use.
• Other tip shapes include conic for penetration and flat tip for surface measurements.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Single Ceramic Junction
• The outer junction of an electrode, also known as a salt bridge, is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading. The outer reference has a single ceramic frit.
• The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient.
• A single ceramic junction has a flow rate of 15-20 μL/hour.
• Other junction types are available with higher flow rates and made with different materials.
• The HI1330P is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a single junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7071 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
• If using a refillable pH electrode, the fill cap should be removed prior to calibration and measurement.
• Removing the cap creates positive head pressure in the reference cell allowing for higher flow rate of electrolyte through the outer junction.
• A higher flow rate will result in a faster and more stable reading.
BNC + PIN Connector
• The HI1330P uses a BNC and pin connector.
• The BNC connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• The pin connector is used to enable the CAL Check function on the following benchtop pH meters; HI122, HI123, HI221, HI222, HI223, HI2221, HI2222, and HI2223.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, single / 15-20 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl + AgCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric (dia: 5 mm)|
|Diameter :||5 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||80 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 70°C (23 to 158°F) – LT
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||BNC + PIN|
|Applications :||test tubes, vials|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690