Refillable pH Electrode with Calomel References and BNC Connector
The HI1144B is a glass body, refillable, single junction pH electrode with a BNC connector. This electrode has a single ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the spherical pH sensing portion is made with high temperature glass. The mercury/mercury (I) chloride (Hg/Hg2Cl2) reference system of the HI1144B provides a stable reference potential without the presence of silver. This design consideration is ideal for applications involving Tris buffer.
• Calomel References
• High Temperature (HT) Glass
• Refillable Electrode
The HI1144B uses high temperature (HT) glass, spherical bulb, glass body, single ceramic frit, single junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl.
High Temperature Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25oC while the resistance of HT glass is around 400 megaohms at 25oC.
• As the HI1144B is used at elevated temperatures the resistance decreases to approach the that of GP glass.
• The HI1144B is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 100°C.
• The spherical bulb is for general purpose use.
• Other tip shapes include conic for penetration and flat tip for surface measurements.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Single Ceramic Double Junction Reference
• The HI1144B is a single junction design.
• The junction also known as a salt bridge is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading.
• The outer reference has a single ceramic frit. The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient.
• A single ceramic junction has a flow rate of 15-20 μL/hour.
• Other junction types are available with higher flow rates and made with different materials.
• The HI1144B is a refillable probe, HI7082 3.5M KCl, does not contain any silver.
• The absence of silver will prevent any silver precipitate from forming at the junction surface and clogging it.
• Clogging of the junction will result in drifty and erratic readings.
• The HI1144B uses a BNC connector.
• This type of connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• Other type of connectors include DIN, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
• These types of connectors tend to be proprietary for a particular type of meter and are not interchangeable.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||single, Hg/Hg₂Cl₂|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, single / 15-20 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 14|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric (dia: 9.5 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F) – HT
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Applications :||tris buffer|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690