pH Electrode with Conical Tip and BNC + Pin Connector
The HI1053P is a glass body, refillable, double junction pH electrode with a BNC and pin connector. The pin connector is used to enable the CAL Check function of the HI2221, HI2222, and HI2223 benchtop meters. This electrode has a triple ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the conical pH sensing portion is made with low temperature glass. This design consideration is ideal for emulsions, fats and creams, soil and semi-solid samples, low conductivity solutions, and for measuring samples at cooler temperatures.
• Double Junction Design
• Refillable Electrode
• Triple Ceramic Junction
The HI1053P uses low temperature (LT) glass, conical bulb, glass body, triple ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of LT glass is around 50 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will approach that of GP glass.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum range, resulting in increased impedance and ultimately affecting the measurement.
• The HI1053B is suitable to use with samples that measure from -5 to 100°C.
Conical Glass Tip
• The conical shaped tip design allows for penetration into solids, semi solids, and emulsions for the direct measurement of pH in food products
including meat, cheese, yogurt, and milk
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use. The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Triple Ceramic Junction
• The triple ceramic junction allows a faster flow rate of electrolyte from the reference into the solution.
• A standard pH electrode will use a single ceramic junction that allows for 15 to 20 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow; the HI1053P has three ceramic
junctions, providing for 40 to 50 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow.
• This high flow rate provides faster electrode response and more stable measurement in viscous solutions or samples of low conductivity,
such as pure water, where a long stabilization time is often observed.
Double Junction Reference
• A double junction electrode has an internal compartment surrounding the reference wire.
• Silver ions are present in the electrolyte of the internal compartment, which houses the Ag/AgCl reference wire; the electrolyte outside this compartment is silver free.
• The double junction design means that virtually no silver from the electrode enters the sample.
• This design allows measurement in applications where silver ions in the sample are undesirable or silver precipitates on the junction are likely to form.
• The HI1053P is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a double junction pH electrode, the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl.
• This solution does not contain any silver as with single junction electrode fill solutions.
• The absence of silver will prevent any silver precipitate from forming at the junction surface and clogging it.
• Clogging of the junction will result in drifty and erratic readings.
BNC + PIN connector.
• The HI1053P has a BNC and pin connector.
• The BNC connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• Thepin connector is used toenable the CAL Check function on the following benchtop pH meters; HI122, HI123, HI221, HI222, HI223, HI2221, HI2222, and HI2223.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||double, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, triple / 40-50 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||conic (12 x 12 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
|-5 to 100°C (23 to 212°F) – LT|
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||BNC + PIN|
|Applications :||emulsions, fats and creams, low conductivity solutions, potable water, semi-solid products, soil samples|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690