Digital Glass Body pH Electrode for Semi-Solids and Emulsions
The HI10530 is a digital glass body, refillable, double junction pH electrode that has a built-in temperature sensor. This probe features a 3.5 mm connector designed exclusively to be used with Hanna Instruments edge® Tablet Meters. The HI10530 electrode features a built-in microchip that stores sensor type, serial number, and calibration information. It also features a triple ceramic junction in the outer junction and the conical pH sensing portion is made with low temperature glass. This design consideration is ideal for emulsions, fats and creams, soil and semi-solid samples, low conductivity solutions, and for measuring samples at cold temperatures.
• Built-In Temperature Sensor
• 3.5 mm Connector
• Triple Ceramic Junction
The HI10530 is a digital electrode that has low temperature (LT) glass, conical bulb, glass body, triple ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of LT glass is around 50 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will approach that of GP glass.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum range, resulting in increased impedance and ultimately affecting the measurement.
• The HI10530 is suitable to use with samples that are between -5 to 100oC.
• The built-in microchip stores sensor type, serial number and calibration information including date, time, offset, slope, probe condition and buffers used.
• This information is automatically retrieved by edge® once the electrode is plugged in.
• The ability to transfer information allows for hot swapping of probes without having to recalibrate.
• All pH measurements are performed within the electrode and transferred digitally to the meter.
• This overcomes any noise issues associated with the traditional high impedance analog measuring system.
• Electrical noise can be generated from a built in temperature sensor and while working in a humid environment.
Conical Glass Tip
• The conical shaped tip design allows for penetration into solids, semi solids, and emulsions for the direct measurement of pH in food products,
soil, and emulsions like hand creams.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use. The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allows for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent. The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Built-In Temperature Sensor
• HI10530 features a built-in thermistor temperature sensor that is in the tip of the indicating pH electrode.
• A thermistor temperature sensor provides for a high accuracy temperature reading and should be as close as possible to the indicating
pH electrode in order to compensate for the effect that temperature has on the membrane potential.
• By having an accurate reading it is possible to provide an accurate temperature compensated reading.
Triple Ceramic Junction
• The triple ceramic junction allows a faster flow rate of electrolyte from the reference into the solution.
• A standard pH electrode will use a single ceramic junction that allows for 15 to 20 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow; the HI10530 has three ceramic
junctions, providing for 40 to 50 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow.
• This high flow rate provides faster electrode response and more stable measurement in viscous solutions or samples of low conductivity,
such as pure water, where a long stabilization time is often observed.
Double Junction Reference
• A double junction electrode has an internal compartment surrounding the reference wire.
• Silver ions are present in the electrolyte of the internal compartment, which houses the Ag/AgCl reference wire; the electrolyte outside this compartment is silver free.
• The double junction design means that virtually no silver from the electrode enters the sample.
• This design allows measurement in applications where silver ions in the sample are undesirable or for samples that contains sulfides that can cause the silver
to precipitate and clog the junction.
• Clogging of the junction will result in drifty and erratic readings.
• The HI10530 is a refillable probe. Since it is a double junction pH electrode, the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl.
• This solution does not contain any silver as with single junction electrode.
3.5 mm Connector
• The HI10530 uses a 3.5 mm connector that makes attaching and removing the probe simple and easy.
• This type of connector is proprietary to meters that use digital electrodes.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||double, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, triple / 40-50 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 13|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||conic (12 x 12 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 100°C (23 to 212°F) – LT
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||3.5 mm connector|
|Applications :||emulsions, fats and creams, low conductivity solutions, potable water, semi-solid products, soil samples|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690