Digital Glass Body pH Electrode with Clogging Prevention System (CPS™)
The HI10480 is a digital pH electrode with built-in temperature sensor. This application specific electrode is designed for measuring pH in wine and must. Measuring the pH of wine is a critical step to ensure the quality of a final product. This electrode features a built-in microchip that stores sensor type, serial number, and calibration information. It also features a double junction reference, Clogging Prevention System (CPS) technology, glass body, and spherical tip. This probe features a 3.5 mm connector designed exclusively to be used with Hanna Instruments edge® Tablet Meters.
• Clogging Prevention System
• Spherical Glass Tip
• 3.5 mm Connector
• The built-in microchip stores sensor type, serial number and calibration information including date, time, offset, slope, probe condition and buffers used.
• This information is automatically retrieved by edge® once the electrode is plugged in.
• The ability to transfer information allows for hot swapping of probes without having to recalibrate.
• All pH measurements are performed within the electrode and transferred digitally to the meter.
• This overcomes any noise issues associated with the traditional high impedance analog measuring system.
• Electrical noise can be generated from a built in temperature sensor and while working in a humid environment.
Spherical Glass Tip
• The spherical shaped tip design allows for a wide area of contact with the sample.
• This permits a faster electrode response with a higher degree of stability.
• The HI10480 utilizes a low temperature (LT) glass formulation that has a resistance of around 50 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will approach that of GP glass.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum range, resulting in increased impedance and ultimately affecting the measurement.
• The HI10480 is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 80°C.
CPS Sleeve Junction
• CPS™ (Clogging Prevention System) is an innovation in electrode technology.
• Conventional pH electrodes use ceramic junctions that clog quickly when used in wine. When the junction is clogged, the electrode does not function.
• CPS™ technology utilizes the porousness of ground glass coupled with a PTFE sleeve to prevent clogging of the junction.
• The ground glass allows proper flow of the liquid, while the PTFE sleeve repels dirt.
• As a result, pH electrodes with CPS™ stay fresh up to 20 times longer than conventional electrodes.
Double Junction Reference
• A double junction electrode has an internal compartment surrounding the reference wire.
• Silver ions are present in the electrolyte of the internal compartment, which houses the Ag/AgCl reference wire; the electrolyte outside this compartment is silver free.
• The double junction design means that virtually no silver from the electrode enters the sample.
• This design allows measurement in applications where silver ions in the sample are undesirable or silver precipitates on the junction are likely to form.
Glass Electrode Body
• The glass electrode body is suitable for a wide range of applications due to its chemical resistance.
• The glass pH electrode is compatible with many non-aqueous solvents and other aggressive chemicals.
• Glass is also resistant to many forms of radiation, such as ultraviolet radiation.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||open, CPS technology|
|Clogging Prevention System :||yes|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 80°C (32 to 176°F)
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Compatible Meters :||edge multiparameter, edge dedicated|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||3.5 mm connector|
|Applications :||application specific purpose, samples with suspended solids, wine|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690