Refillable Double Junction pH Electrode with BNC + Pin Connector
The HI1043P is a glass body, refillable, double junction pH electrode with a BNC and pin connector. The pin connector is used to enable the CAL Check function of the HI2221, HI2222, and HI2223 benchtop meters. This electrode has a single ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the pH sensing portion is made with high temperature glass.This design consideration is ideal for applications involving Tris buffer, hydrocarbons, paint, solvents, high conductivity samples, strong acids and bases, and for measuring samples at elevated temperatures.
• Clogging Prevention System (CPS™) Technology
• Double Junction Design
• Refillable Electrode
The HI1043P uses high temperature (HT) glass, spherical bulb, glass body, single ceramic frit, double junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl.
High TemperatureGlass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of HT glass is around 400 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the HI1043P is used at elevated temperatures the resistance decreases and approaches the resistance of GP glass.
• The HI1043P is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 100°C.
Spherical Glass Tip
• The spherical shaped tip design allows for a wide area of contact with the measured sample.
• This permits a faster electrode response with a higher degree of stability.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allow for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the equilibrium the steadier the reference potential.
Single Ceramic Double Junction Reference
• The HI1043P is a double junction design. pH electrodes are available as single junction or double junction.
• The junction also known as a salt bridge is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading.
• The outer reference has a single ceramic frit. The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient.
• A single ceramic junction has a flow rate of 15-20 μL/hour. Other junction types are available with higher flow rates and made with different materials.
• The HI1043P is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a double junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl.
• This solution does not contain any silver as with single junction electrode.
• The absence of silver will prevent any silver precipitate from forming at the junction surface and clogging it.
• Clogging of the junction will result in drifty and erratic readings.
BNC + Pin Connector
• The HI1043P has a BNC and pin connector.
• The BNC connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• The pin connector is used to enable the CAL Check function on the following benchtop pH meters; HI122, HI123, HI221, HI222, HI223, HI2221, HI2222, and HI2223.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||double, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, single / 15-20 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 14|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric (dia: 9.5 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 100°C (32 to 212°F) – HT
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||BNC + PIN|
|Applications :||high conductivity samples, hydrocarbon, paints, sea water, solvents, strong acid and base, tris buffer|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690