Refillable Double Junction pH Electrode with BNC Connector
The HI1043B is a glass body, refillable, double junction pH electrode with a BNC connector. This electrode has a double ceramic junction in the outer reference cell and the pH sensing portion is made with high temperature glass. This design consideration is ideal for applications involving Tris buffer, hydrocarbons, paints, solvents, high conductivity samples, strong acids and bases, and for measuring samples at elevated temperatures.
• Refillable Electrode
• Double Junction Design
• High Temperature Glass
High Temperature Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of HT glass is around 400 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the HI1043B is used at elevated temperatures the resistance decreases and approaches the resistance of GP glass.
• The HI1043B is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 100°C.
• The spherical bulb is for general purpose use.
• Other tip shapes include conic for penetration and flat tip for surface measurements.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allow for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the electrode reaches equilibrium, the steadier the reference potential.
Ceramic Double Junction Reference
• The HI1043B is a double junction design. pH electrodes are available as single junction or double junction.
• See below for a complete description of the differences.
• The junction also known as a salt bridge is necessary component of the electrical circuit.
• The movement of ions must flow through the junction for a steady reading.
• The outer reference has two ceramic frits.
• The ceramic is a porous material that is easily fused with the glass body and has a similar expansion coefficient and has a flow rate of 40 to 50 µL/hour of electrolyte.
• This high flow rate provides faster electrode response and more stable measurement in viscous solutions or samples of low conductivity, such as pure water,
where a long stabilization time is often observed.
• The HI1043B is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a double junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl.
• This solution does not contain any silver as with single junction electrode.
• The absence of silver will prevent any silver precipitate from forming at the junction surface and clogging it.
• Clogging of the junction will result in drifty and erratic readings.
• The HI1043B has a BNC connector.
• This type of connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• Other type of connectors include DIN, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
• These other types of connectors tend to be proprietary for a particular type of meter and are not interchangeable.
|Body Material :
|Junction / Flow Rate :
|ceramic, double / 30-40 µL/h
|pH: 0 to 14
|Max Pressure :
|Tip Shape :
|spheric (dia: 9.5 mm)
|Body Length / Overall Length :
|120 mm / 175.5 mm
| Recommended Operating
|0 to 100°C (32 to 212°F) – HT
|Temperature Sensor :
|Matching Pin :
|coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)
|high conductivity samples, hydrocarbon, paints, sea water, solvents, strong acid and base, tris buffer
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690