Digital Glass Body pH Electrode for Hydrocarbons and Solvents
The HI10430 is a glass body, refillable, double junction pH electrode with a built-in temperature sensor for temperature compensated measurements in a single probe design. Within the probe there is an integrated microchip that stores calibration data, electrode type, and serial number, which allows for changing of sensors without having to recalibrate. The HI10430 has a triple ceramic junction and uses high temperature glass, making it ideal for solutions at temperatures above 30°C. This probe features a 3.5 mm connector designed exclusively to be used with Hanna Instruments edge® Tablet Meters.
• 3.5 mm Connector
• Double Junction Reference
• Spherical Glass Tip
• The built-in microchip stores sensor type, serial number and calibration information including date, time, offset, slope, probe condition and buffers used.
• This information is automatically retrieved by edge® once the electrode is plugged in.
• The ability to transfer information allows for hot swapping of probes without having to recalibrate.
• All pH measurements are performed within the electrode and transferred digitally to the meter.
• This overcomes any noise issues associated with the traditional high impedance analog measuring system.
• Electrical noise can be generated from a built in temperature sensor and while working in a humid environment.
Spherical Glass Tip
• The spherical shaped tip design allows for a wide area of contact with the measured sample.
• This permits a faster electrode response with a higher degree of stability.
• The glass sensing tip on the HI10430 uses Hanna’s high temperature (HT) glass formulation that has a resistance of approximately 400 megaohms.
• The high impedance makes the HI10430 ideal for aggressive chemical applications and high temperature applications.
• Conventional glass formulations suffer from a greatly reduced lifespans at high temperatures relative to high temperature glass.
Triple Ceramic Junction
• The triple ceramic junction allows a higher flow rate of electrolyte from the reference cell into the solution.
• A standard pH electrode will use a single ceramic junction that allows for 15 to 20 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow; the HI10430 has three ceramic junctions,
providing for 40 to 50 µL/hour of electrolyte to flow.
• This high flow rate provides faster electrode response and a more stable measurement in viscous solutions or samples of low conductivity.
Double Junction Reference
• A double junction electrode has an internal compartment surrounding the reference wire.
• Silver ions are present in the electrolyte of the internal compartment, which houses the Ag/AgCl reference wire; the electrolyte outside this compartment is silver free.
• The double junction design means that virtually no silver from the electrode enters the sample.
• This design allows measurement in applications where silver ions in the sample are undesirable or silver precipitates on the junction are likely to form.
Glass Electrode Body
• The glass electrode body is suitable for a wide range of applications due to its chemical resistance.
• The glass electrode is compatible with many non-aqueous solvents and other aggressive chemicals.
• Glass is also resistant to many forms of radiation, such as ultraviolet radiation.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, triple / 40-50 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 13|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric (dia: 9.5 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 100°C (23 to 212°F)
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||3.5 mm connector|
|Applications :||hydrocarbon, low conductivity solutions, paints, sea water, solvents, strong acid and base, tris buffer|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690