Foodcare pH Electrode with Small Diameter Stainless Steel Body and BNC Connector
The FC240B is a stainless steel body, single junction pH electrode that has a BNC connector. The very small 5 mm (0.2”) diameter of the FC240B is protected by an unbreakable AISI 316 stainless steel body that is 150 mm (5.9”) long; an ideal diameter is for small containers and test tubes. The FC240B also features an open junction design with viscolene gel electrolyte, a sensing bulb made of general purpose glass, and a conical tip shape.This design consideration is ideal for pH measurements in cheese, dairy products, and quality control processes. The recommended operating temperature range is from 0 to 50°C.
• AISI 316 Stainless Steel Body
• Conical Glass Tip
• Open Junction
The FC240B uses General Purpose (GP) glass, conical bulb, AISI 316 stainless steel body, and open junction with viscolene gel electrolyte.
General Purpose Glass Formulation
• General Purpose (GP) glass, as the name implies, is a standard glass formulation that is used for general use.
• A pH electrode with GP glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C and is suited for measuring pH of samples that are at ambient temperatures.
• The FC240B is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 50°C.
Conical Glass Tip
• The conical shaped tip design allows for penetration into solids, semi solids, and emulsions for the direct measurement of pH in food products.
Stainless Steel Body
• Having a very small diameter of only 5 mm (0.2”) this electrode can be accidentally broken.
• To help protect from breakage Hanna Instruments made this electrode with an unbreakable stainless steel body.
• The AISI 316 stainless steel can be easily cleaned making it ideal for food industries.
Open Junction Reference
• Suspended solids and proteins found in food products will clog a conventional ceramic reference junction.
• This clogging will impede the measurement circuit between the indicating electrode and the internal reference resulting in slower response time,
erratic readings, and frequent electrode replacement.
• The open junction design consists of a solid gel interface (viscolene) between the sample and internal Ag/AgCl reference.
• This interface not only prevents silver from entering the sample, but also makes it impermeable to clogging, resulting in a fast response and stable readings.
• The FC911B is a refillable probe.
• Since it is a double junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7082 3.5M KCl.
• This solution does not contain any silver as with single junction electrode.
• The absence of silver will prevent any silver precipitate from forming at the junction surface and clogging it.
• Clogging of the junction will result in drifty and erratic readings.
• The FC240B uses a BNC connector.
• This type of connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• Other type of connectors include DIN, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
• These types of connectors tend to be proprietary for a particular type of meter and are not interchangeable.
|Body Material :||AISI 316|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||open|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 13|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||conic (3 x 5 mm)|
|Diameter :||5 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||150 mm / 250 mm|
| Recommended Operating
|0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)|
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Applications :||dairy, test tubes, vials|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690