Foodcare pH Electrode for Meat Products with DIN Connector
The FC232D is an amplified single junction pH electrode that has a built-in temperature sensor and connects to the meter with a DIN connector. The FC232D electrode features a food grade plastic PVDF body, an open junction design with viscolene gel electrolyte, a sensing bulb made of low temperature glass, and a conical tip shape. This design consideration is ideal for pH measurements in meat products. The recommended operating temperature range is from 0 to 50°C.
• Low Temperature Glass
• Stainless Steel Piercing Blade (Optional)
• Open Junction
The FC232D uses low temperature (LT) glass, conical bulb, food grade PVDF body, and open junction with viscolene gel electrolyte.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
• The glass tip uses a special LT glass formulation with a lower resistance of approximately 50 megaohms compared to general purpose (GP) with a
resistance of about 100 megaohms.
• This is beneficial since many food products are stored at low temperatures.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will increase approaching that of GP glass at ambient temperatures.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum resistance for the high impedance input of a pH meter.
• The FC232D is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 50°C.
Conical Glass Tip
• The conical shaped tip design allows for penetration into solids, semi solids, and emulsions for the direct measurement of pH in food products.
Stainless Steel Blade
• An optional stainless steel blade is attached to the probe for easy meat penetration, even in frozen samples.
• Slicing into the meat will allow for the pH glass and reference junction to be in contact with the sample, allowing for a direct pH measurement without extensive sample preparation.
• The FC098 (20 mm; 0.75”) and the FC099 (35mm; 1.38”) are a set of two stainless steel penetration blades to be used with the FC232D.
• Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) is a food grade plastic that is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, including sodium hypochlorite.
• It has high abrasion resistance, mechanical strength and resistance to ultraviolet and nuclear radiation.
• PVDF is also resistant to fungal growth.
Open Junction Reference
• Suspended solids and proteins found in food products will clog a conventional ceramic reference junction.
• This clogging will impede the measurement circuit between the indicating electrode and the internal reference resulting in slower response time,
erratic readings, and frequent electrode replacement.
• The open junction design consists of a solid gel interface (viscolene) between the sample and internal Ag/AgCl reference.
• This interface not only prevents silver from entering the sample, but also makes it impermeable to clogging, resulting in a fast response and stable readings.
• The FC232D has a DIN connector that can only be used with the HI99163 portable pH/temperature meter.
|Body Material :||PVDF|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||open|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||conic (6 x 10 mm)|
|Diameter :||6 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||36 mm / 164 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F) – LT
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||7-pole; 1 m (3.3′)|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690