Digital PVDF Body Foodcare pH Electrode for Meat Products
The FC2320 is a digital PVDF body, gel filled pH electrode with a built-in temperature sensor for temperature compensated measurements in a single probe design. This probe features a 3.5 mm connector designed exclusively to be used with Hanna Instruments edge® Tablet Meters.The FC2320 electrode features a built-in microchip that stores sensor type, serial number, and calibration information. It also features an open junction design with viscolene gel electrolyte, a sensing bulb made of low temperature glass, and a conical tip shape. This design consideration is ideal for pH measurements in samples such as meat and semi-frozen food samples. The recommended operating temperature range is from 0 to 60°C.
• Built-In Microchip
• Conical Glass Tip
• Open Reference Junction
• The built-in microchip stores sensor type, serial number and calibration information including date, time, offset, slope, probe condition and buffers used.
• This information is automatically retrieved by edge® once the electrode is plugged in.
• The ability to transfer information allows for hot swapping of probes without having to recalibrate.
• All pH measurements are performed within the electrode and transferred digitally to the meter.
• This overcomes any noise issues associated with the traditional high impedance analog measuring system.
• Electrical noise can be generated from a built in temperature sensor and while working in a humid environment.
Conical Glass Tip
• The conical shaped tip design allows for penetration into solids, semi solids, and emulsions for the direct measurement of pH in food products including
meat, cheese, yogurt, and milk.
• The FC2320 utilizes Hanna’s general purpose (GP) glass formulation, which has a resistance of approximately 100 megaohms. This means that measuring
conditions are optimal around ambient temperatures.
• Use of high temperature or low temperature glass around ambient temperatures would not be optimal due to a long response time or a shortened lifespan of the electrode.
Open Junction Reference
• Suspended solids and proteins found in food products will clog a conventional ceramic reference junction.
• This clogging will impede the measurement circuit between the indicating glass electrode and the internal reference resulting in slower response time,
erratic readings and frequent electrode replacement.
• The open junction design consists of a solid gel interface (viscolene) between the sample and internal Ag/AgCl reference.
• This interface not only prevents silver from entering the sample, but also makes it impermeable to clogging, resulting in a fast response and stable readings.
• Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) is a food grade plastic that is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, including sodium hypochlorite.
• It has high abrasion resistance, mechanical strength and resistance to ultraviolet and nuclear radiation.
• PVDF is also resistant to fungal growth.
Stainless Steel Blade
• An optional stainless steel blade is attached to the probe for easy meat penetration, even in frozen samples.
• Slicing into the meat will allow for the pH glass and reference junction to be in contact with the sample, allowing for a direct pH measurement without extensive sample preparation.
• The FC098 (20 mm; 0.75”) and the FC099 (35mm; 1.38”) are a set of two stainless steel penetration blades to be used with the FC2320.
|Body Material :||PVDF|
|Reference :||double, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||open|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||conic (6 x 10 mm)|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||36 mm / 164 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Compatible Meters :||edge multiparameter, edge dedicated|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Connection :||3.5 mm connector|
|Applications :||application specific purpose, meat|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690