Glass Body Foodcare pH Electrode for Creams, Sauces and Fruit Juices with BNC Connector
The FC220B is a glass body, single junction pH electrode that has a BNC connector. The FC220B electrode features a triple ceramic junction with refillable electrolyte, a sensing bulb made of low temperature glass, and a spherical tip shape.This design consideration is ideal for pH measurements in products such as creams, sauces, or fruit juice samples. The recommended operating temperature range is from -5 to 70°C.
• Low Temperature Glass
• Refillable Electrode
• Triple Ceramic Junction
The FC220B uses low temperature (LT) glass, spherical bulb, glass body, triple ceramic junction and is refillable with 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
• The glass tip uses a special LT glass formulation with a lower resistance of approximately 50 megaohms compared to general purpose (GP) with a resistance of
about 100 megaohms.
• This is beneficial since many food products are stored at low temperatures.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will increase approaching that of GP glass at ambient temperatures.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum resistance for the high impedance input of a pH meter.The FC220B is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 50°C.
• The spherical bulb is for general purpose use. Other tip shapes include conic for penetration and flat tip for surface measurements.
• The glass body is ideal for laboratory use.
• The glass is resistant to many harsh chemicals and is easily cleaned.
• The glass body also allow for a fast transfer of heat to the internal reference electrolyte.
• The mV generated by the reference cell is temperature dependent.
• The faster the equilibrium the steadier the reference potential.
Triple Ceramic Junction
• The triple ceramic junction allows a higher flow rate of electrolyte from the reference cell into the measurement sample.
• A typical pH electrode will have a single ceramic junction that flow rate of 15 to 20 µL/hour.
• The FC220B has three ceramic junctions in contact with the sample providing for a flow rate of 40 to 50 µL/hour.
• The increased flow provides a greater continuity between the reference electrode and the indicating electrode, making it suitable for viscous solutions or
samples of low conductivity, such as pure water.
• The FC220B is a refillable probe. Since it is a single junction pH electrode the fill solution is the HI7071 3.5M KCl + AgCl.
• If using a refillable pH electrode, the fill cap should be removed prior to calibration and measurement.
• Removing the cap creates positive head pressure in the reference cell allowing for higher flow rate of electrolyte through the outer junction.
• A higher flow rate will result in a faster and more stable reading.
• The FC220B uses a BNC connector.
• This type of connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• Other type of connectors include DIN, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
|Body Material :||glass|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||ceramic, triple / 40-50 μL/h|
|Electrolyte :||3.5M KCl + AgCl|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric (dia: 9.5 mm)|
|Diameter :||12 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||120 mm / 175.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
-5 to 70°C (23 to 158°F) – LT
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Applications :||creams, fruit juices, sauces|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +6 06 3350 690