pH Electrode for Beer Analysis
The FC214D is a titanium body, gel filled, single reference junction pH electrode. This electrode features high temperature glass and an extendable cloth type junction, along with a built-in temperature sensor and amplifier in a single probe design.This design consideration is ideal for measuring the pH of mash or wort during the beer making process. The FC214D is the replacement pH/temperature probe supplied with the HI99151 portable meter for beer.
• High Temperature Glass
• Titanium Body
• Built-In Temperature Sensor
The FC214D uses high temperature (HT) glass, spherical bulb, titanium body, and cloth junction with gel electrolyte.
High Temperature Glass Formulation
• The measurement of pH at very high temperatures is detrimental to the sensitive glass bulb and will shorten the life of it.
• A pH electrode with general purpose (GP) glass will have a resistance of 100 megaohms at 25°C while the resistance of HT glass is around 400 megaohms at 25°C.
• As the FC214D is used at elevated temperatures, such as in the wort or mash, the resistance decreases and approaches the resistance of GP glass.
• The FC214D is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 80°C.
• The spherical bulb is for general purpose use.
• Other tip shapes include conic for penetration and flat tip for surface measurements.
• A pH measurement is a very sensitive voltage measurement that is susceptible to interference from electrical noise and humidity.
• To overcome these issues a titanium body serves as a matching pin.
• A matching pin is a differential measurement technique used to eliminate electrical noise in the measurement system.
• The titanium body, being made of metal, is virtually unbreakable and offers additional protection from accidental breakage.
• Every pH electrode has a junction.
• They can be made from a variety of material including ceramic, PTFE, and a fiber wick.
• The fiber wick is also known as a cloth junction and is often used on electrodes with gelled electrolytes.
• The advantage of the cloth junction is that it can be extracted from the probe exposing a fresh surface.
• This is very important since one of the major contributors to unstable measurements is a clogged junction.
• This is likely to occur when measuring the pH of mash that has a high solids content.
• Having the ability to pull out a small portion (⅛”) of the junction will clear any clogging resulting in an increased life of the pH electrode.
• The FC214D uses a DIN connector. This type of connector is proprietary to the meter they are to be used with.
• The FC214D is the replacement electrode for the HI99151.
• Other type of connectors include BNC, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm.
|Body Material :||titanium with HT glass sensor|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||cloth|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 13|
|Max Pressure :||3.0 bar|
|Tip Shape :||spheric (dia: 5 mm)|
|Diameter :||14 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||105 mm / 145.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 80°C (32 to 176°F) – HT
|Temperature Sensor :||yes|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||7-pole; 1 m (3.3′)|
|Applications :||beer, mash, wort|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690