PVDF Body Foodcare pH Electrode for Dairy Products and Semi-Solid Foods
The FC200B is a PVDF body, gel filled, single junction pH electrode with a BNC connector. This probe features an open junction design, a sensing bulb made of low temperature glass, and a food grade plastic body.This design consideration is ideal for pH measurements in the food industry including dairy, dough, ground meats, and other semi-solid food samples. The recommended operating temperature range is from 0 to 50°C.
• Low Temperature Glass
• Open Junction
• PVDF Body
The FC200B uses low temperature (LT) glass, conical bulb, food grade PVDF body, and open junction with viscolene gel electrolyte.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
• The glass tip uses a special LT glass formulation with a lower resistance of approximately 50 megaohms compared to general purpose (GP) with a resistance of
about 100 megaohms.
• This is beneficial since many food products are stored at low temperatures.
• As the temperature of the glass decreases in the sample, the resistance of the LT glass will increase approaching that of GP glass at ambient temperatures.
• If using GP glass, the resistance would increase above the optimum resistance for the high impedance input of a pH meter.
• FC200B is suitable to use with samples that measure from 0 to 50°C.
Conical Glass Tip
• The conical shaped tip design allows for penetration into solids, semi solids, and emulsions for the direct measurement of pH in a variety of food products including
meat, cheese, yogurt, and milk.
• Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) is a food grade plastic that is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, including sodium hypochlorite. It has high abrasion resistance, mechanical strength and resistance to ultraviolet and nuclear radiation. PVDF is also resistant to fungal growth.
Open Junction Reference
• Suspended solids and proteins found in food products will clog a conventional ceramic reference junction.
• This clogging will impede the measurement circuit between the indicating electrode and the internal reference resulting in slower response time, erratic readings, and frequent electrode replacement.
• The open junction design consists of a solid gel interface (viscolene) between the sample and internal Ag/AgCl reference.
• This interface not only prevents silver from entering the sample, but also makes it impermeable to clogging, resulting in a fast response and stable readings.
• The FC200B uses a BNC connector.
• This type of connector is universal in that it can be used on any pH meter that has the female BNC probe input.
• Other type of connectors include DIN, screw type, T-type, and 3.5mm to name a few.
• These types of connectors tend to be proprietary for a particular type of meter and are not interchangeable.
|Body Material :||PVDF|
|Reference :||single, Ag/AgCl|
|Junction / Flow Rate :||open|
|Range :||pH: 0 to 12|
|Max Pressure :||0.1 bar|
|Tip Shape :||conic (6 x 10 mm)|
|Diameter :||6 mm|
|Body Length / Overall Length :||75 mm / 111.5 mm|
| Recommended Operating
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
|Temperature Sensor :||no|
|Matching Pin :||no|
|Cable :||coaxial; 1 m (3.3’)|
|Applications :||dairy, milk, semi-solid foods, yogurt|
|Warranty :||6 months|
To make your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +6 06 3350 690