• Ceramic insulation plugs are designed to reduce heat loss from tube ends and improve temperature uniformity.
• They are particularly helpful for vertical tubes and tubes with diameters greater than 25 mm.
• Different insulation plugs are supplied for use with standard length work tubes (for use in air) and extended length work tubes (for use with modified atmosphere and vacuum).
• In vertical work tubes, insulation plug supports are required unless used with work tube end seals (see below).
• Type D insulation plugs include metallic hangers which allow vertical use and a groove for thermocouple access.
• The insulation plugs supplied will be appropriate for the furnace and application.